Time for another little blog contest---share your predictions of Oscar winners by
February 21 6 pm on Sunday! Two winners will be chosen---one who gets the most correct predictions and another random winner just for commenting (we'll have Aidan pick a number again).
If I can't win a Pioneer Woman contest, I can at least throw my own mini-version. Winners will receive their own personal "movie in a box" care package of goodies:-)
You can just number your answers 1-8. Or, if "WALL-E" was the only movie you saw last year, you can make wild guesses or just say Hi in the comments and still be in the runnings!
And the Nominees are...
1. Best Picture: Frost/Nixon; Slumdog Millionaire; Milk; The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; The Reader
2. Best Actress: Angelina Jolie; Anne Hathaway; Melissa Leo; Meryl Streep; Kate Winslet
3. Best Actor: Richard Jenkins; Frank Langella; Sean Penn; Brad Pitt; Mickey Rourke
4. Best Supporting Actress: Amy Adams; Penelope Cruz;Viola Davis; Marisa Tomei; Taraji P. Henson
5. Best Supporting Actor: Josh Brolin; Robert Downey Jr.; Phillip Seymor Hoffman; Michael Shannon, Heath Ledger
6. Best Adapted Screenplay: "Frost/Nixon"; "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; "The Reader"; "Slumdog Millionaire"; "Doubt"
7. Best Original Screenplay: "Frozen River"; "Happy-Go-Lucky"; "In Bruges"; "Milk"; "WALL-E"
8. Best Director: Danny Boyle for "Slumdog Millionaire"; Ron Howard for "Frost/Nixon"; Gus Van Sant for "Milk"; David Fincher for "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; Stephen Daldry for "The Reader"
Contest closes at midnight Mountain Time on February 21st (yep, we're all official here). I'm trying to muster some enthusiasm for the Oscars this year, despite not having much for the nominees. I am happy to see "In Bruges" nominated for screenplay, but find it ridiculous that Dev Patel wasn't nominated for Best Actor, nor Brendan Gleeson for Best Supporting Actor. Still, that's part of Oscar season, defending those one feels were overlooked.
Their winners will be announced on the 22nd, and ours on the 23rd!