10 things I've been enjoying:
1. Boo'ing friends! That link to Heather Anne Designs explains it all and has a printable sheet to save time too. Aidan loves knocking on the door after we drop the bag of goodies, and then running for the car. Of course, at the second house he ran the wrong way, so we were spotted from a front window but we were still laughing hilariously in the car;-) Good times.
2. These cloth ghost additions to our Halloween tree. I first saw them at Green Jello, and Anne pointed to the directions here. Super easy (we opted for disposable gloves when using the glue), and we all drew a different face on our ghosts.
3. Old Casper the Friendly Ghost cartoons, via YouTube, and listening to Aidan and Sean totally crack up watching it.
4. The guesses on the Who's Who contest and the random comments. I'm a sucker for comments, which is why I normally have them off. Even if you are here for the first time, or an occasional visitor, please stop here and say hi, where you're from, and how you got here. It will make my day:-) Oh, and you might win something.
5. Old-fashioned photo booth photos.
6. Pumpkin candles, pumpkin muffins, and pumpkin-everything. I normally pretend Starbucks doesn't exist because I don't drink coffee and there are enough mom&pop operations in our town to support with my rare cup of chai. But this time of year, I can't go to the grocery store (where our Starbucks set up shop) without getting a Pumpkin Spiced Chai . Oh my. So good. Try it.
7. A new rust-orange cardigan that I may just wear every day this fall.
8. Breathing Lessons by Anne Tyler. You probably read in the 1980s when everyone else did, or after she won the Pultizer Prize for it in 1989. Tyler's Accidental Tourtist is one of my favorites, but I hated Saint Maybe and avoided her after that. All for the best, since Maggie might have annoyed me too much when I was younger. Has the best "meet cute" (more like meet hilarously) ever. I found it for $1 and read it in 2 days (thanks to a long car ride).
9. A husband who is such a great dad to our boys. Love peeking in and catching this kind of moment (which makes Bri roll his eyes at me, but that doesn't stop me).
10. Big brothers tortured by the affection of their younger brothers.
Hope you are enjoying these lovely days of fall.